A Stitch in Time


I couldn't sleep tonight so I decided to get up and work on a card.  I had a squamous cell carcinoma removed from my right arm today.  They took a really good sized chunk so now it's aching a bit.  I guess the stuff they used to numb it wore off.   May have to hit up the pain reliever.

I was in the mood for a really girly card with  lots of lace and flowers.  This card met the idea.

The image is from Elizabeth Bell.  The papers are from Bearly Mine Designs.  I recently visited their site for the first time.  I can see this is going to cost me some money.  They have lots of gorgeous digi papers.  The one I chose for this card has faux stitching on it.  I was really attracted to the pretty pastels.



The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts; I edged them all with stickles  The ribbon and lace are from good old Walmart.  I left the inside rather plain.  Mainly because I was aching more and just wanted to get done.  Maybe tomorrow I will go and add something to it.  I colored it with Copics

Copics:  B32, B34, B37, C00, C0, C1, C3, E00, E11, E15, E17, E35, E51, E53, G14, R20, R21, R24, V17, Y11, Y15, Y18, YR21































 I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Celebrate the Occasion Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Anything Goes
Die Cuttin' Divas Anything Goes
Crafty Boots Anything Goes
Hooked on Crafts Glitter
Kaboodle Doodles Anything Goes
Ooh LaLa Make it Girly
Cutie Pie  Die Cuts and Punches
Digi Bells Stitching Faux or Real
whimsy Stamps Inspirations Bingo
Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes
Divas by Design Anything Goes
Scrapbook Sisters Anything Goes
Truly Scrumptious Pretty in Pink
Cooking it up with Katie Ribbon and a Die Cut
Crafts and Me Add a Ribbon

22 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh my goodness, This card is absolutely AMAZING! Sometimes when you can't sleep, some of the best pieces of art are made. Simply Beautiful Diane. Thanks so much for playing along with the Digi Bells Blog Hop Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane, I love your card, the image is so sweet and the pastel colours are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing in our "Make it Girly" challenge at Ooh La La this week. Hope you are well.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is absolutely stunning!!! Both inside and out!! Thanks for joining us for the Digi bell's Blog Hop challenge!! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane
    First let me say I hope you are recovering and each day will be a little less pain. You made an absolutely beautiful card. I love everything about it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane - I hope you got some rest and are recovering today. Gotta say that although I wouldn't recommend it, your creative juices flow really well when you are in pain! This is just beautiful! Your coloring is impecable as always and the design and color choices are just perfect.
    Hugs from Colorado - feel better soon sweetie.
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, your Curly Locks Kiki looks fabulous on this beautiful card. Your patchwork paper suits this image perfectly! I've enjoyed viewing your work and I'm so glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's "Add a Ribbon" challenge as well as the the Digi Bells' blog hop Stitching challenge. TFS! Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! beautiful image, like your flowers and dies embellishments finishing touches. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie, good luck, cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a girlie pretty card and hope your arm heals really quickly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww this is adorable Diane! And definitely girly! :)
    Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this week! :)
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. An absolutely gorgeous card, I like everything about it, Thanks for joining in with us at Hooked on Craft this month, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh hun you created while in Pain:) Extremely beautiful and love the stitching on the papers--Perfect touch for our Digi Bell's Blog Hop Challenge--thanks for joining us!!!
    Hugz and hope you hand is doing better

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a darling card. I love the lace and the flowers combined with the DP. It really makes a girlie card! I hope your arm is feeling much better by now. I have a friend who had the same thing on her arm years ago. Luckily, they are easily removed even if they do hurt for a day or so, & the recovery is complete! I'll add you to my prayers tonite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WoW! What an amazingly wonderful card in pastels! Glad to see your creation amongst our participants. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card, your image is beautifully colored and all your embellishments/DP have made for a gorgeous creation! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Anything Goes" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Love your coloring and those flowers and trims are fabulous!!
    Thanks for playing along with the Die Cuttin' Divas this week!
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful!
    Thanks for playing along with the Diva's this week and good luck in the challenge
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous, all of it!
    Thanks for sharing at Cooking It Up With Katie for our Celebrate with Ribbon and a Die Cut challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card. I love the way you have coloured the image and your lace and roses look a treat.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is beautiful. Love the quilting and your coloring is great. Hope your arm is feeling much better now.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card and fabulous coloring!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at the cutie pies this time. Hugs. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  22. this card is just stunning and to do it when your in alot of pain,and get a stunning result is just brilliant,well done and hope the pain has stopped now, sending big hugs craft-mad-manning

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum

   This is another favorite of my Mo's digital Pencil Christmas images.  This is my final card for the March Christmas Card challenge at...