Welcome to the Neighborhood


This is my first Guest Design Team card for Fitztown Challenge Blog.  They are having a DT call now through June 1.   Those accepted get a nine week trial in which they design up to six cards.  After eight weeks a decision is made as to permanent status.  Wish me luck!

The challenge this week is Lots of Layers.  I had a different idea that I was anxious to try.  I printed out four images and was planning to cut them up and apply them in layers.  I was excited about trying it.  Unfortunately, a few of my brown markers were drying out. I knew I'd never have enough ink to finish all the layers.   I decided to go with one layer and lots of cardstock layers.  Maybe next time. The leaf border was cut with the Silhouette.

This adorable image from Fitztown is available here.  
I used Copics to color it.  The list of colors was pretty extensive.

Copics:  B14, B23, B41, BV02, C0, CQ, C2, C3, C4,  
 E23, E25, E29, E33, E34, E35, E37, G20, G21, G24, G28,
 R14, R20, R22, R24, Y13, Y17, YG01, YG93, YG95, YG07

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

A Creative Need  Signs of Spring
Brown Sugar  Anything Goes
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards  Spring
Crafty Catz  Anything Goes
Fairy Tale  Cute Only
Scrappin' 4 Fun  Use a Digi
Simply Create Too  Stack 'Um Up
Sister Act  Anything Goes
Wags 'n Whiskers  Lots of Layers
Sunflowerfields Design  Spring
613 Avenue Create  Anything
Glitter 'n Sparkle  Ribbon
Crafting from the Heart  Anything Goes
My Craft Creations  Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door  Anything Goes


I tested every one of my markers to see which ones were beginning to dry out and ordered about 15 refill bottles.  Dick Blick Art Materials has them for a pretty reasonable price.  The markers are 5.24 and the refills are 6.29.  That's pretty reasonable compared to other places I've priced them and I only paid 2.00 for shipping!


18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing your work and joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable & anyone moving into YOUR neighborhood would be thrilled to get this card! Amazing coloring, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane, So lovely to see one of your beautiful creations...
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane this is just so adorable!! Thank you so much for joining us at A Creative Need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing card! Lovely coloring :)
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Sunflowerfield Designs!
    Hugs, Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the card thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hardly know what to say! This is so awesome. You must have spent hours on it. Really, Diane, you've outdone yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!, amazing colouring, wonderful card, Beautifully crafted, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! Thanks for entering our "Stack 'Um Up" Challenge at Simply Create Too & hope you join our next challenge too.

    Diane
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it Diane, the whole scene reminds of a book from my childhood :-D
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges this week!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful!!
    Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale.
    Hugs stine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow lovely card, the colouring on this card is wonderful. Good luck for your trial period and fingers crossed you get the spot.
    Thank you for joining us over at Glitter n Sparkle this week.
    Hugs xxxx

    Sammi DT
    (AngelicBadGirl)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the image and leaf border -good luck with the DT post -thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is awesome - so inviting to visit this little world! Good luck with the DT post too - they will love your work - I know I have enjoyed everything you have made! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing creation Diane...I so loved looking at it and taking in all the beautiful coloring. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum

   This is another favorite of my Mo's digital Pencil Christmas images.  This is my final card for the March Christmas Card challenge at...